The Top Spots in the US for a Fall Vacation
Most Americans often find themselves to be quite easy during the fall season. Besides being the time when most will be getting back to school, it would also be the most hectic because of several holidays just waiting around the corner. Nevertheless, if one chooses to go on vacation on such a time, there are still plenty of great places to visit.
The United States is probably one of the most diverse places to vacation in. It offers great cities and the finest landmarks that define the history of the country. Fall for these cities are ideal for someone who wants to take a vacation. In fact, if one wants to avoid the traffic and the tourist rush, then fall vacations on these cities would best suffice as a solution. Here are five of the most popular spots for a great fall vacation in the United States.
- Chicago – among the central cities for a fall vacation is Chicago. This city is certainly that is filled with some of the best attractions and sights. Furthermore, the city offers a range of museums, bars, gardens and parks that captivate the attention of the tourist. Popular places in the city include the Millennium Park. Inside the Park alone, you can have a wide selection of attractions to visit such as the Cloud Gate and the Crown Fountain. Plus, the city is notably more beautiful during this time as it is before winter, and the golden colors of the trees bring a much majestic sight of the city’s skyscrapers.
- Savannah – a city found in the state of Georgia, Savannah is renowned for being the home of some of the country’s most historic attractions. The Historic District of the city is filled with an array of different popular landmarks such as the Mercer Williams House and the Bonaventure Cemetery. Savannah is famed for housing the Cathedral of St John the Baptist. With the Gothic designs and the tall architectural structures of the Cathedral, it has come to be a popular tourist site to be part of one’s itinerary.
- Yellowstone National Park – if one wants to get the time to spend some time outdoors, then the Yellowstone National Park will be the perfect spot for a vacation getaway during the fall season. The great outdoors during this time may be considered as a little colder than the summer, but it is still something that is quite extravagant in terms of a great vacation getaway. With the Mammoth Hot Springs and Old Faithful being part of the attractions, the Park is one famed destination for a vacation spot.
- San Francisco – the best thing about a fall vacation is that one will no longer have to worry about the summer holiday rush. Seven miles of the best sceneries in the United States is what San Francisco is all about. It comes with the outdoor attractions and as well as the best entertainment spots for a night out. For the more historical buffs, then the city is certainly home to some of the best landmarks in the country. The Golden Gate Bridge and the Muir Woods National Monument are only two of the places that depict the city’s history.
- Washington DC – a trip to the country’s capital would be an option for a great fall vacation. As it is the place of the top bosses of America, it only goes to say that it also holds some of the most magnificent attractions such as the Smithsonian Museums and the US Capitol. In fact, these two sites are more than enough to satisfy the quench for a little culture and more knowledge.